Different nidana of vatarakta have been mentioned in ayurvedic texts and can be classified into following groups:
- aharaja nidana(causes related to dietary habits)– excessive intake of sour,saline,pungent,alkaline,unctuous,hot and uncooked food and drinks like alcohol and wine.
- viharaja nidana(causes related to individual habits and environmental factors)– excessive anger,day sleep,late night sleep,frequent injury,excessive swimming,excessive sexual indulgence.
- mansika nidana(causes related to psychological factors)– excess anger,depression,worry,and anxiety.
- agantuja nidana(exogenous factors):other factors which vitiate dosha and dhatu.
- prakriti based nidana(miscellaneous factors)- who are delicate,obese,consuming unwholesome diet mainly affected.Overweight persons surrender the exercise schedule so, more chances of getting kaphamedasdushti are increased which further add up to etiology of this disease.