- Genetic makeup
- Too much physical job especially that requires repetitive movements.
Any previous injury
- Allergic reactions or some infections can cause arthritis for the short term. Arthritis due to infection is known as “reactive arthritis”
- Sometimes certain foods can lead to arthritis symptoms for many people or worsen the existing ones
- Autoimmune diseases
- Obesity, which leads to extra strain on joints
The major risk factors of arthritis are genes that are inherited from ancestors. Trauma-related arthritis is due to injury from specific activities.
Arthritis symptoms and signs
- Pain and limited function of joints
- Joint stiffness
- Swelling, redness, and warmth in the joints
- There can be tenderness of the inflamed joint